Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SEcOnd to none

While I'm on the topic of SEO (see my prior post 'Badge of Honor'), I thought it might be as good a time as any to show-off our Search Engine Optimization skills for getting profiles ranked on Google for member names and company names. For the sake of argument, I decided to do a quick search for myself (Bill Jula) and my company name (Fast Pitch).
You'll see that for my name, other than my personal URL (www.billjula.com), my Fast Pitch! Profile ranks as the 2nd highest search result - outranking my profiles on Facebook, Tech Crunch and YouTube! Kudos to our SEO team (of 1 person) for beating the collective engineering teams of probably hundreds of Stanford grads at three of the largest Internet properties in the world! Rich - you are obviously way underpaid. :)
As for my company name (Fast Pitch)... this is where things gets even better.
Type 'fast pitch' into Google and you'll discover that the century old phrase is no longer associated with softball or baseball, but rather, 'online business networking'. In fact, we rank #1 for the phrase, having single handedly outranked the SEO efforts of every softball and baseball reference across the Internet. Keep in mind, softball is the most popular participant sport in the United States with over 40 million people playing at least one game annually (source: Wikipedia - whose entry by the way - we also outrank!).
Now if we can just find a way to get all 40 million of them to put down the gloves and create a profile.
:)
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home